What We Believe
"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." Albert Einstein
Our PhilosophyWe believe, that as spiritual beings having a human experience on this Earth, we are intimately connected with all of humanity and with all of nature around us. We believe that it is important to honor that connection and to help preserve it. Our aim is to restore this human/earth connection to those who may have lost it - to our urban communities, to rural sprawl, and to our "bigger is better" economy.
Our desire is to bring people together from diverse nations and professions to create a shared vision and reality of global life, eliminating the "us versus them" mindset that is so prevalent today. This unified vision and reality includes all creatures and all elements: air, water, earth, fire, and spirit, that help sustain Life. Our objectives are to assist in creating peace, harmony and understanding. Through our company, Tourism For Peace LLC, we achieve these objectives in the specialized areas of Peace Master Plans, Peace Education, Peace Eco-tours, Peace Trails and Labyrinths, Peace & Wellness Coaching, Animal Communication, and Ecotourism Planning & Community Development.
We value openness, honesty, diversity and consultation. We believe that we learn from our differences and that all people (and creatures) have a unique and valuable story to tell and to teach. As our client, you are honored as a special guest. We learn and grow with you, and you learn and grow with us. Together, we can make a better world.
MissionOur Mission is to build Peace by creating unity between hosts, guests, and the natural environment, worldwide.
Our Goals1) Honor the spirit of: the land, sea & sky, culture, community, and the individual, by honoring biodiversity, diverse peoples, sacred sites, indigenous peoples' wisdom, and all spiritual beliefs & ceremonies;
2) Create mechanisms for the traveler, community members, tourism businesses, guides, support staff, and government leaders to actively participate in building inter-ethnic harmony, democracy, and a culture of peace within the tourism community and wider society;
3) Equip participants with the knowledge, skills, attitudes and confidence to walk in peace, resolve conflicts peacefully, and to create peaceful environments within themselves, their families, businesses, communities, and nations-at-large;
4) Supply funding for peace programs to be implemented in local schools through a Tourism For Peace Donation Fund;
5) Evaluate the effectiveness of TFP programs in communities, and in national tourism development plans, and share this knowledge with other actors in the fields of tourism development and peacebuilding.
6) Flood the world with Peace Explorers and Places of Peace by building a Peace Trail in one's mind and in each community, linking these Peace Trails together to create an unified world at peace.
7) Honor and explore: our physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual connections to Creator; and our individual and collective roles in bringing about The Most Great Peace.
Spirit * Human * Earth Awakening!
Now is the time of return of the grandmothers and grandfathers. Now is the time of the return of the elders. Now is the time of the return of the wise ones. And the wise ones are all of you. Now is the time to go out into the world and spread the light. The sacred flame has been kept for this purpose and now the time approaches when you will be required to love all things, to love a world that has gone crazy, to rebalance the heavens and the Earth. For the Time of Warning has come to pass and the Warriors of the Rainbow are now beginning to be born. The Vale of Tears, the Nine Hells, is over and it is time to prepare for the 13 Heavens. The ancestors are returning, my brothers and sisters, and we do not have long. Now is the time that the prophecies will be fulfilled."
IIPT Credo of the Peaceful Traveler©"Grateful for the opportunity to travel and experience the world and because peace begins with the individual, I affirm my personal responsibility and commitment to:
* Journey with an open mind and gentle heart
* Accept with grace and gratitude the diversity I encounter
* Revere and protect the natural environment which sustains all life
* Appreciate all cultures I discover
* Respect and thank my hosts for their welcome
* Offer my hand in friendship to everyone I meet
* Support travel services that share these views and act upon them and,
* By my spirit, words and actions, encourage others to travel the world in peace."
(International Institute for Peace through Tourism; http://www.iipt.org)
Tourism For Peace (TFP)
Love Nature, Love People, Love Yourself
366 Oakland Avenue, S.E.
Atlanta, Georgia, 30312 USA